Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Flight Itinerary

Good Morning! I thought I would just pass along my flight itinerary as some of you may be interested in the technical side of this trip as well.

We will be flying Finnair out of JFK, in New York, the only airport I've ever flown out of! Our flight leaves (supposedly) at 5:50 p.m. Friday (Flight 6 for those of you who are really into technicalities) and will arrive in Helsinki, Finland at about 8:50 a.m. on Saturday (or about 8 hours after we take off, since planes NEVER leave on time). We have about a 40 minute layover, and then we board Flight 753 for the short 2 hour flight to Budapest, Hungary. Now I know some of you might be saying, wait. I thought you were going to Romania. Why are you landing in Hungary? Well, my curious friends, we will be driving for a few hours after we touchdown, and will at last arrive in Romania by car, or van, or bus, or whatever vehicle takes us there.

At the end of our time in Romania we will travel (by land, again) back to Budapest, where we will fly on Flight 754 at about 11:35 am, and will be landing in Helsinki around 3 pm. We have an overnight stay in Helsinki  (my first ever layover longer than an hour!) and then we will take Flight 5 and arrive back at JFK around 3:55 pm.

Total flight time, (not including driving to and from airports) will be about 10 and a half hours!

Ready to fly,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment