Sunday, November 11, 2012

Addendums to Dorohoi


Let me first apologize for being silent these last few days. The internet connection in our apartment at Budapest was spotty at best, and so I didn’t get a chance to continue playing catch up. And now here we are on the last leg of our journey and I have an entire week about which to update. I sincerely apologize for not being better about my updates, but the grueling pace that we have kept, mixed with all the traveling with no WIFI made it almost impossible to keep up. So bear with me as I put up a lot of posts over the next two days to finish out this amazing trip that I have been a part of. 


There are a few things that I forgot to say in my haste to update my blog these past few days, so I thought it best to just make an addendum post before I go into the details of Ploiesti, and our last days in Oradea. So here we go:

-At one point in our time at Dorohoi, Addie and I were sent to pass stuffed animals out to the younger kids playing on the playground. Which was a lot of fun, yet very humbling. The excitement written on the kids faces that they could pick out a stuffed animal was inexplicable. And I was reminded again of how much we take for granted in our lives. I have boxes of stuffed animals in my parent's attic. Boxes. Moments like these really put things into perspective.

Anyway, while we were passing out the stuffed animals, this guy came over and tried speaking with us. Well, he only spoke Romanian, and we only English, so the communication was just not working out too well. Then, we walked over and picked up a guitar that was left outside from the story time earlier that day...and he began to serenade us. This, however, was quite the interesting situation because this guy didn't actually play guitar.

At the end of our time at Dorohoi, this man insisted on taking a picture with us. We all look so AWKWARD!
After we all piled in the car, we asked Melissa who this man was. Her answer "I have no idea." 

-During our time at Dorohoi we were able to go see a fundraising event that some of the kids were involved in. We got there just in time to see the kids preform a traditional Romanian dance. It was really cool to see!

Hoping I stop forgetting stuff,
Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment